The Kentoku Archipelago is a volcanic island chain situated to the far east of Mata Nui. The archipelago is comprised of five large islands with dozens of smaller ones scattered between them. Most islands of the archipelago are within sight of a few others, and, despite the straits separating them, are easily accessible by bridges or quick ferries. While each island has its own unique climate, the general feel of the archipelago is wet and temperate; the volcano that birthed the Kentoku islands is long dormant. The majority of the islands' original terrain is flat grassland with rolling hills; where Dasaka civilization has not permeated, these calm natural landscapes are visible. Within the archipelago, metal ores are exceedingly rare and valuable, but crystalline protodermis is in abundance. As such, most Dasaka structures and machines are made up of wood, stone, and manipulated (or “grown”), crystal. The five main islands are:
- Sado: smallest of the five, but crystal capital city of the Dasaka Empire.
- Odaiba: largest, and breadbasket of the region.
- Oki: most biologically diverse of the five.
- Iki: tiny and barren, save for its great ore deposits.
- Kozu: home to the Fursic clan, and the only island not visible from Sado.
Flora and Fauna of the RegionEdit
Many of the native flora and fauna have been driven to extinction, or else domesticated, leaving very little wildlife (or "Rahi"), on the archipelago. However, flora and fauna referenced or seen in-game include: